POLICIES AND PROCEDURES DURING THE COVID – 19 PANDEMIC
Any patient with a fever cannot come to the clinic for a minimum of 5 days until their fever subsides.
Harwood Chiropractic and Massage Centre is committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety at all times, but even more so during COVID-19. Below is an in-depth list of the various levels of precautions we are taking at this time.
All patients, visitors and staff must answer NO to ALL of the following questions to be allowed into the clinic:
Do you have
- Severe difficulty breathing (struggling for each breath, can only speak in single words)
- Severe chest pain (constant tightness or crushing sensation)
- Feeling confused or unsure of where you are
- Losing consciousness
In the past 14 days have you been directed by a federal border agent to comply with federal quarantine requirements due to international travel?
Has a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)?
- You live with someone who is currently isolating because of a positive COVID-19 test
- You live with someone who is currently isolating because of COVID-19 symptoms
- You live with someone who is isolating while waiting for COVID-19 test results
In the last 10 days, have you tested positive on a rapid antigen test, molecular test, or home-based self-testing kit?
If the answer is 'yes' to any of the above, please do not come into the clinic.
CLINIC AND STAFF GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
- Patients have been instructed to come alone to appointments. Exceptions will be made for those under the age of 18, or those with cognitive or physical limitations.
- Paying with plastic is preferred whenever possible or a pay bill can be emailed to you.
- Practitioners and staff will use hand washing and hand hygiene practices
- Practitioners will have available to them gloves and surgical masks to be used at their discretion. Gloves will be discarded after one patient use. Proper mask hygiene will be used.
SANITIZATION PROCEDURES BETWEEN PATIENTS:
Practitioners will thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands immediately after each patient visit.
The practitioner will immediately clean any area used with the patient with disinfected wipes or sprays. This includes any equipment, treatment tables, chairs, door handles, and any other item used.
Practitioners will thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands AGAIN
SANITIZATION PROCEDURES DURING THE DAY AND END OF THE DAY:
Deep clean all other areas of the clinic that are “traffic areas”. This includes the reception desk, washrooms and other clinic areas.
End of the day deep clean over and above COVID-19 protocol of treatment area used throughout the shift.
Cleaning is to be done with disinfectant wipes and/or sprays.
PATIENT GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES:
It is safe for patients to attend their appointments and receive care at our clinic. We will continue to follow Public Health for updates and prevention information. We would like to take this time to thank all patients and staff in advance, for following these strict but necessary protocols in the clinic at all times until further notice.
Our mission at Harwood Chiropractic Centre is simply to serve you. We provide excellent chiropractic care to help our patients reach and exceed their health goals. We assess the patient as a whole. We want to address the main concern, but also lead you into a lifestyle of being pain free. We do all of this by offering an evidence-based approach to chiropractic care by utilizing chiropractic manipulation, soft-tissue techniques, therapeutic rehabilitation, and a variety of chiropractic services to help achieve your health goals.